Step 1: Create a Product
- In the upper left corner, select “Manage Products” from the products dropdown menu
- In the left hand pane, in the actions dropdown menu, select “Add a Product”
- Follow the prompts in the New Product Wizard
- Enter the name and logo of your product
- Choose a theme
- Choose a domain name
- Enter a name and email address to have emails sent from
- Choose to start with sample content or an empty product
- Choose whether or not your product will be a subscription-based product
- Remember if you aren’t sure of any of these items right now, that’s ok – you can leave blank and add later, or change at any time – the only exception to this is the choice of subscription-based product, which cannot be changed later
From here you will customize product settings, create courses and offers, and add any user profile questions.
Step 2: Select Product Settings
In the left navigation menu, select “Settings”, then “Account”. In the left pane, select “Product Settings”, which will bring up the screen below:
- Product Details:
- Product Name: This will be populated from your New Product Wizard input, but you can edit it here.
- Product Description: This allows you to input descriptive language about your product.
- Product Cover Image: You can upload a product logo here.
- Product Domain: This is where your customers login to view the product. A default Summit Evergreen domain name will appear, but this can be customized to any domain you choose.
- Product Home Page: This will be the front page for your product, or the main page your users will see each time they login to access material. Note: You will not have any options to choose from until you have created content pages.
- Private Page Redirect: This is where you can set options to have private pages redirected to a specific page. Here you can also determine your product’s search engine visibility (e.g., check this option if you want only pages that are listed as “public” to be visible in search engine results). Here you can also choose whether community members can or can’t view the profiles of other members.
- Name: Here you can type in the name you want emails sent to your users from.
- Email Address: Here you can type in the email address you want emails sent to your users from.
- Tracking Platform:This is where you can set up your Google E-Commerce tracking platform for product purchases.
- Account Number: This is where you enter the account number associated with your chosen Google E-Commerce tracking platform.
If at any point during the tutorial you want to view your work and see what the site will look like to your users, follow these instructions:
- Select the dropdown menu from the upper left hand corner – it will either have your name or your company’s name.
- Select “Open Member Site”.
- You can also right click the “Open Member Site” option in Google Chrome to open in an incognito window.