Once you’ve created your Summit Evergreen course and have students purchasing it, it can be helpful to ask your students questions upon sign-up in order to gain valuable information about who is purchasing your course and why. You can also use this to gather information you may need, such as a twitter handle or phone number. In Summit Evergreen, user profile questions will allow you to do just that.
The questions that you set up will display on the same screen where customers create their Summit Evergreen passwords. After they create a password and answer the questions, they will have instant access to the course.
To set up these questions, do the following:
- In the black dropdown menu box in the upper left of the screen, select “Manage Products”, then in the left pane select the product you wish to set up questions for
- In the right pane you’ll see product information and a menu in the upper right corner – from this menu, select “User Profile”
- This will bring up a screen that allows you to set up user profile questions – to do so, simply drag and drop the types of questions you’d like into the main content area of your screen and then customize them as you wish – when done, hit “Save” in the lower right corner
- Now, when a student signs up for your course, as part of the sign-up process they will answer the user profile questions you have set up, as illustrated here:
Part 1 of the Sign-Up Process
Part 2 of the Sign-Up Process
Viewing Student Responses
To view the responses to the student’s profile questions:
- In the left navigation menu, select “Students”, then “Users”
- In the left pane, select the student whose response you’d like to view
- In the right pane, the student’s profile will appear – here, scroll down to the “User Profile” section
- The student’s question and the answer will both be displayed in this section (as shown below)