Once you’ve set up your Summit Evergreen course and have acquired students for it, it can be very helpful at times to be able to login as a student. Logging in as a student can be useful to:
- See all the tiers, or levels, of course content your product offers. Currently, if you work in Summit Evergreen’s back end for your site and choose “Open Member Site” from the upper left corner drop down menu, you will only be able to see the first tier of content your product offers. But if you login as a student who has access to all levels of course content, then you will be able to view all of these levels.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance to students if they experience any difficulty with your course site. By logging in as that student, you will be able to view their issue firsthand and be more effective at resolving it.
In Summit Evergreen, when you access your students’ information, you have the option to login as a student.
To login as a student, as noted above, you’ll begin by accessing the information that is set up for each student. To get to this information, do the following:
- In the left navigation menu, select “Students”, then “Users”
- In the left pane, you will see a list of student names – select the student who you want to login as (to do so, you can scroll through the student list or search for the student’s name or email address)
- In the right pane you will see that student’s information and a menu in the upper right corner
- In the upper right corner menu, select “Actions”
- This will bring up a dropdown menu – in this menu, select “Login as this User”
- This will bring you to your course site, where you will be logged in as the student