Although Summit Evergreen automatically generates standard URLs for your account and your products, you also have the option to customize these URLs.
Updating your account URL to a custom domain has two steps. The first step will be done where you have your domains hosted. A few examples of places that host domains (or hosting providers) are GoDaddy, NameCheap, Hostgator, and Bluehost. The second step will be done in Summit Evergreen.
Add a CNAME record to your DNS (Domain Name System) that points to “evergreen-learning.com“. A CNAME is an available resource associated with your DNS. It is a record that is used to map one domain name to another. In this case, it allows you to point your specific domain URL to the “evergreen-learning.com” URL so that your students can access the products you have set up in Summit Evergreen.
- Login to your hosting provider
- Locate the DNS settings
- Add a CNAME record
- For a sub-domain, add the desired sub-domain under “host”
- Point the record to “evergreen-learning.com” (with no quotes)
Example: You would like your account URL, where customers will to be able to login, to be:
(note: the look will vary depending on your domain hosting provider)
Set the domain in Summit Evergreen to be your account URL. You can do this as follows:
- In the left navigation menu, select “Settings”, then “Account”
- In the left pane, select “Site Settings”
- This will bring up a page in the right pane that provides your account URL
- In the URL box, update the URL to be your custom URL
Example: You would like your account URL, where customers will be able to login, to be: