For this integration option you’ll be utilizing a Gumroad product and a product (course) in Summit Evergreen.
To connect Gumroad and Summit Evergreen, you will need to do the following:
- Set up a course in Summit Evergreen and specify that it should integrate with Gumroad.
- Set up a product in Gumroad and specify that it should use a Summit Evergreen URL and SKU.
- Set up a “License Key” product on Gumroad.
Each Summit Evergreen course you set up needs to have a corresponding product in Gumroad, with the SKU field of the Gumroad URL set to be the Summit Evergreen SKU (found in Summit Evergreen’s “Tiers” section). This SKU is passed to Summit Evergreen at purchase time, and this provides the glue between the two systems. Pricing and payments will be connected automatically.
How to Integrate Your Gumroad Checkout Form and Your Summit Evergreen Course
Summit Evergreen Steps:
- In Summit Evergreen, in the left navigation menu, select “Settings”, then “Apps”.
- In the left pane, select “Gumroad”.
- In the right pane, you’ll see a Gumroad Integration screen with a box that says “Enable Gumroad Integration” – click this box.
- In the right pane, you’ll see a confirmation screen that contains a “product webhook URL”. Note this URL.
- Create your product in Summit Evergreen. After creating it, refresh your page and then click the dropdown box in the upper left corner. From the list of products, select your new product.
- In the left navigation menu, select “Structure”, then “Tiers”.
- In the left pane select the “Main” tier.
- This will bring up a page in the right pane that provides tier details.
- In this page, in the “Tier Details” section, note what is in the “Tier SKU” field.
- In Gumroad, to start, you’ll need to activate the “developer” setting in your Gumroad Settings page. Setting yourself up as a developer is simple. Visit your Settings and you will see an option beneath Advanced to develop with Gumroad — just turn it on. http://www.gumroad.com/settings
- Create a new product in Gumroad by choosing “Products”, then “Add a product”. To connect your Summit Evergreen URL and SKU to Gumroad, click the phrase “Use webhooks to give a unique product (license key) to every customer” in the middle of the screen.
- Choose a name and a price for your product (anything is fine).
- In the URL box in the middle of the screen, enter the product webhook URL you noted in the Summit Evergreen steps.
- When you enter this URL, you’ll see that at the end of the URL is the phrase “SKU_HERE” – replace this phrase with the tier SKU you noted in the Summit Evergreen steps.
- After this step, click the “Next: Customize” button above the URL box.
- In the screen that appears, finish customizing your product as you wish, then click the “Save Changes” button in the lower right corner and then the “Publish” button in the lower left corner.
- If you wish to test to ensure Summit Evergreen and Gumroad have integrated properly, you can click “Preview” at the top of the screen. This will allow you to run a test transaction. By doing so, you can ensure that when the transaction is complete and a link is provided, clicking on this link will take you to Summit Evergreen’s course access page.